|WHEN||February and March 2021|
|FOR WHOM||Those between 18–35 years old who have passed matric|
We will allow a maximum of 50 young people on this course
|WHERE||Online: Thursday evenings 7pm – 9pm|
|PRESENTER||Rev Seth Naicker|
|DEADLINE||20 January 2021 (see the Application form on this page)|
This course will help you to understand the concept of “Beloved Community” as a leadership and theological approach for impacting on the development of community. God’s vision of healthy relational community — the counter-cultural Beloved Community — will be our anchoring resolve as we engage in courageous and interactive learning. Please join us!
During this course we will focus on
- a particular people and how God dealt with the challenges of that particular community.
We will consider
- the Beloved Community in communion with the whole of Creation.
- the servant leadership of Jesus, how he formed Community and Communion, and what Jesus stood for and against to establish healthy community.
- the first communities formed by the apostles and the challenges they faced.
- the ideologies of empire, hierarchy, patriarchy and racism and the social divides of our everyday world, that diminish healthy beloved community.
- the challenges of local and global communities from whence our participants come.
- what skills, insights and wisdom are needed to build communities infused with ubuntu.
- the role of memory and forgiveness, justice and reconciliation, as we draw from our history, understand our present and take informed actions toward our personal and communal future.
- models of a ‘Beloved Community’ and our planning to make our beloved community a reality.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 20 Jan 2021